Specialist Information Security Analyst - Cyber Wargames & Awareness
Who we are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank's executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation. What you will be doing: Specialist Information Security Analyst - Cyber Wargames & Awareness
The BNY Mellon Wargames, Awareness, and Global Engagement (WAGE) team, as a part of the Information Security Division (ISD), supports BNY Mellon's global operations. The WAGE team is responsible for fostering a security-aware culture across the organization via multiple channels, including experiential trainings (Wargames), awareness publications and presentations, and phishing email testing.
A successful candidate will be able to effectively support planning, coordination, and facilitation of global cybersecurity Wargames, as well as support the activities of the overall Global Information Security Awareness program. This role requires someone with the requisite experience, knowledge, maturity, and communications skills to professionally and effectively represent BNY Mellon and the Information Security Division to lines of business, shared services, and senior executives.
Wargames : This person should be prepared to helping grow a cybersecurity exercise program that includes the planning and execution of Information Security Division-hosted exercises (both tabletop wargames and technical drills) as well as participation in client exercises, market-wide exercises, and other BNY Mellon organizations' exercises. Specifically:
- Coordinating tasks and activities related to wargame event planning including: scheduling, engagement with interested parties, managing concurrent logistics elements, etc.
- Executing cyber wargame preparation tasks in conjunction with business teams to include: development of objectives; identification of audience(s); communication with stakeholders, leadership, and participants; scenario design; artifact creation; and development of supporting materials (invite letters, visualization, reports, presentations, surveys, artifacts, etc.)
- Researching audience/participant details (understanding org charts, distilling key risks, understanding response plans, etc.)
- Supporting facilitation of wargames via in-person and virtual methods; presenting for multiple hours managing a rapidly-changing scenario and driving meaningful conversation
- Continually improving the wargames program with innovative ideas and creative solutions
- Maintains the effectiveness of enterprise-wide information security strategy including related programs, processes and initiatives
- May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project
- Assists in the development, implementation and enforcement of corporate-wide security policies, procedures and standards
- Assists in consulting with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies and appropriate security architectures, practices and procedures
- Reviews and analyzes more complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations produces advanced reports, analyses, findings, etc.
- Works closely with IT infrastructure and software engineering applications development to ensure integrity of security procedures, systems, and policies
- Works with developers to ensure proper completion of all risk assessments within policy and procedures
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives
Awareness & Engagement: As a representative of the Information Security Division (and specifically the Wargames & Awareness team within Cyber Incident Response), this person should be passionate about serving as a liaison between technical teams and non-technical teams and providing meaningful education. Specifically:
Qualifications Who we are looking for:
- Seeking out opportunities to educate non-cyber internal teams on ISD initiatives, the Cyber Incident Response processes and our Wargame program
- Coordinating logistics for events (in person and virtual)
- Managing requests for WAGE team engagements
- Support team efforts to educate about cyber awareness topics through written publications and verbal/virtual presentations
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Passion for cybersecurity!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 6-8 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in consulting, marketing/communications, intelligence, or information security functions.
- Strong executive presence: ability to independently and persuasively engage workforce or executives in solo presentations
- Adaptive and polished verbal, written communication skills
- Basic understanding of cybersecurity fundamentals to enable collaboration with subject matter experts. Industry certifications such as CSX, CISM, or CompTIA Security+ preferred
- Experience participating in cyber exercises; experience developing exercise scenarios and facilitating exercises preferred
- Track record of effective and innovative project management and project delivery
- Capable of self-sufficient and self-motivated work ensuring both high-quality and timely delivery of finished products
- Client focus and attention to detail
- Team player who collaborates well with others to solve problems
- Ability to develop detailed process and procedure documentation
- Digital design skills preferred
- Research skills preferred
- Understanding of the BNY Mellon organization preferred
- Experience with IT risk assessments a plus
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Information Security-HR11724 Requisition Number: