Specialist, Full-Stack Developer
Overview of the team :
Securities Finance is a collaborative development team with the goal of providing all aspects of security finance services including agency lending, principal lending, cash collateral reinvestment and secured loans. The global team operates in 5 locations including Pittsburgh, New York, UK, India, and Canada. The team provides innovative, resilient and scalable solutions to increase revenue potential, achieve operational efficiencies, and service the business's overall growth strategy. We embrace Agile and Open Source technologies. Overview of the role :
We are enhancing our teams and are looking for a developer who is focused on quality and details. We are looking for an individual who is excited about growing our business and servicing our clients. The incumbent will have the unique opportunity to enhance sophisticated, high-performance market platforms using the latest technology stack and best software engineering practices.
The job holder will be aligned with the Sec Finance Business on the Conceptualization, design, creation, and management of interactive Web based applications. She/he will have the opportunity to develop new Web-based applications, integrate them into our digital ecosystem as well as coordinate and provide hands on support working closely with Business and our Technology teams.
The incumbent will be required to meet and consult with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Must have thorough and demonstrative knowledge of Java and building and deploying full-stack applications using a relational database data store. Additional requirements include intermediate understanding of security principles and architecture design principles. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system. Apply security and privacy principles. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Communications and organization skills; teamwork skills; possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 5 to 7 years of experience in software development required
- Strong CS fundamentals with problem solving, analysis, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Experience building distributed high-performance, high-availability systems
- Hands on experience in Java Full Stack development with Core Java & J2EE skills
- A good understanding and experience in working with an RDBMS - Oracle 12 or newer preferred
- Appreciation for non-functional requirements: performance, scalability, testability
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, agile development/project environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, responsive and proactive
- Experience in working with a geographically distributed team
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Experience with Securities Finance is preferred
- Experience with Continuous Deployment/Integration practices including automated unit/integration/regression tests, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: