BNYMellon Treasury Services is comprised of best-in-class services processingseveral trillion dollars a day supporting most top tier global banks andinstitutions. Treasury Services organization has embarked on a journey tore-engineer our platforms to stay ahead of our clients' demands.
AtBNY, the technology group works in partnership with the business and othertechnology groups to continue to enhance our offerings and improve the clientexperience. BNY's significant investment in technology results in new andforward thinking solutions that are scalable and resilient.
Weare looking for exceptional and creative developers to join our Agileteams. The attributes we are looking for are creativity, a firmfoundation in software fundamentals and a strong personal initiative. Wewill be building new, strategic and green-field solutions. You must beself-driven, inquisitive and take ownership.
SpecialistDeveloper->> Provides application software development services ortechnical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible forrequirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of theSoftware Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and testData. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, definesand documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware andoperating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal andexternal checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard developmentmethodology. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation ofsolution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimatesfeasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development andimplementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technologysolutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Qualifications JobRequirements
- Solid knowledge of batch COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, MQSERIES and DB2
- Experience in developing real-time and batch applications
- Ability to write clean and optimized code
- Ability to design for scalability
- Knowledge of INSYNC or other VSAM file manipulation utilities like FileAid
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Minimum 6 to 8 years' experience required.
- Job holder must personally demonstrate accountability and responsibility.
- S/he must have extensive experience with developing for major impact projects.
- Hands on development working in very strong technical team.
- Self-learner and a strong team player
Knowledgeof the following technologies
- DB2/SQL, VSAM
- ESP or related scheduler like OPCA
- Treasury applications knowledge a plus (ACH, Check Processing, etc.)
- Experience with industry standards a plus - SWIFT messages, BAI formatting, etc.
Bachelor'sdegree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalentwork experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software developmentrequired, experience in the securities or financial services industry is aplus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: