Specialist, Credit Risk
Who we are:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2020, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news. Role description and opportunities:
The Loan Desk is a component of Credit Risk that manages an overnight and intraday loan portfolio to support the credit needs of various financial market participants. The candidate will be required to establish loan pricing, collateral requirements, and exposure appetites. Additionally, the function has daily interaction with many Financial Market Utilities regarding the trading activity and associated settlement/margin obligations of mutual customers. Responsibilities - External
A successful candidate should ideally have these qualifications:
- The incumbent is expected to have familiarity with the broker dealer industry, as well as securities clearance and settlement processes.
- The incumbent will be involved with transactions from inception to closing and must have the ability to effectively interface/communicate with customers, team members, lines of business, and senior Credit Risk management.
- The candidate should display strong credit and analytical judgment, while making decisions in a timely manner. The candidate will provide high quality written credit analysis of complex transactions and make presentations of these findings as appropriate or needed.
- This is a highly visible, client-facing role in a fast-paced environment that demands quick thinking, problem solving, and effective relationship skills.
- The role provides constant opportunities to interact with the Company's financial institution client base as well as various lines of business within the organization.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Bachelors degree in or related technical discipline. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of total work experience preferred. Prior experience/background in credit risk preferred.
- Prior experience in one of the following disciplines is required: Broker-Dealer Credit Analysis in Securities Lending, Portfolio Management, Credit approval, collateral management, Intra-day lending,
- Formal credit training preferred. Ability to assist with the management of diverse lending, operating products, attendant risk, foreclosure, bankruptcy and/or OREO assets.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to make good decisions quickly are central to the role.