Specialist Analyst, Infrastructure Operations
Functional Title - Infrastructure Operations Analys t - Batch Scheduling TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG)
is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services marketplace. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers. TSG
is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. Role Description:
We are seeking a Lead Infrastructure Operations Analyst - Batch Scheduling
You will be responsible for critical Production batch builds and modification. You will have full understanding of Mainframe and Distributed batch processing, and knowledge with CA Workload Automation ESP edition (or similar scheduling tool): Job Scheduling, Calendar Maintenance, Special Day processing. Key responsibilities include:
• Mainframe and Distributed Scheduling: Job Schedule Builds, Modifications and Operational
• Create forecast, history & audit batch reports
• Batch testing/implementation of systemic infrastructure updates/ product enhancements.
• Diagnose, isolate and de-bug scheduling problems
• UNIX/ WINDOWS/ CLOUD Server Agent definition and consultation services.
• Incident and Problem management.
• Quarterly Audit requirements and attestation (Internal and External).
• Disaster Recovery planning and support. Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience required 6-8 years of experience required; related internship experience is a plus
• Full understanding of Mainframe and Distributed batch processing
• Scheduling / Batch monitoring via Workload Automation - Control M, CA- Workload Automation - ESP Series (or similar batch scheduling software tool), z/OS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, Encore, Microsoft Office, Service Now, Unix/Windows OS knowledge, Shell scripting knowledge Required Qualifications: (Most important to least)
• Control M, CA ESP (Automated Workload Scheduler), Related batch scheduling software tools
• Microsoft Office Preferred Qualifications: (Most important to least)
• UNIX/Windows OS Knowledge
• Shell Scripting
• Knowledge on JCL/COBOL/DB2/CICS
• Programming Skills - REXX/CLIST/SAS/PYTHON/SPLUNK