- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Integrated Architecture Lead is responsible and accountable for designing software solutions to agreed budgets and timelines, using appropriate methodologies and standards. This person will lead solution delivery teams and apply design and development methodologies, patterns and tools in order to:
- Continuously improve solution quality
- Adopt new technologies and patterns while mitigating associated risk
- Improve time to market for solution components
- Meet project cost and schedule targets
- Keep abreast of changes in relevant technology space, particularly with regard to SaaS products for Sales, Customer Management, Product Management, Contract Management, Procurement, Billing, Finance, HR, and Financial Planning & Forecasting. Product stack to include SalesForce, SAP SuccessFactors, SAP or Oracle Finance ERP suites.
- Provide point of view on adoption of these technologies, supported by options analysis
- Ensure effective and consistent communication within team, with peers, the leadership team, and other IT groups
- Lead development of and evangelize best practices for design, development, and maintenance of solutions and integration of solutions with particular emphasis on SaaS products.
- Proactively anticipate problems before they occur; define the problem; identify possible causes; work with team to identify solutions; select and implement most appropriate solution
- Make key solution design decisions based on solid understanding of problem, solution options, risks, business objectives and needs
- Implement architecture, design, and software engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to address specific functional and non-functional requirements of projects/programs
- Monitor and manage adherence to IT methodologies and standards to ensure activities are occurring as planned. Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan
- Assess project architecture needs and determine appropriate level of enterprise architecture involvement
- Assess current reference architecture, guidelines, rule set, procedures, and key performance indicators to determine the effectiveness; identify and recommend measures to resolve any gaps or improve existing strategy
- Manage all aspects of Solution Architecture team across portfolio of projects
- Provide appropriate cost and resource estimates for all applicable phases of planned projects
- Provide input to application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Provide input to technical resource sourcing strategies
- Define application architectures, produce required architecture and design artifacts
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members
- Develop staff
- Project sponsors and stakeholders to understand strategic goals/objectives and translate into actionable plans
- Development leads and integrated architects to design solutions as part of end-to-end projects
- Program and project management for resource planning, sourcing, and progress of projects
- Operations managers to effectively and efficiently release and support applications
- Vendors representing SaaS and PaaS providers, and systems integrators
- Enterprise Architecture to define best practices and patterns for adoption, and to enable solution governance.
Moody's Information Technology
- Minimum of 12 - 15 years of experience designing, building, integrating and delivering enterprise-wide solutions required.
- 5 - 7 years of technical architecture and leadership experience required
- Excellent leadership qualities required to lead and manage high performing application engineering teams which deliver technical value that relates to business value.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to lead and motivate technical teams that deliver quality services
- Understanding of resource management, communication management, cost management, risk management, quality management, integration management
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, implementing applications through agile and waterfall SDLCs. Required platforms include SalesForce SaaS platform and Java development. Preferred experience with SuccessFactors, SalesForce Lightning.
- Strong understanding of overall application architecture and integration architecture, particularly with hybrid cloud environments combining SaaS solutions with on-premises and public cloud assets.
- Strong business intelligence/data warehouse skills in SaaS, on-premises, and public cloud environment
- Facilitation skills to lead teams and successful meetings
- Strong knowledge and experience in IT methodologies that will be used to guide the technical teams assigned to programs/projects. This includes practical use of TOGAF, agile methodologies, waterfall and iterative methodologies.
- Experience in minimizing technical exposure and risk on projects.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Extensive, real-world experience designing enterprise software and defining Solution Architectures and technology (UML, design patterns, independent / micro-services, etc. )
- Experience building and supporting mission-critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner
- Experience with multi-tier system development for large enterprises
- Knowledge of leading Business Intelligence/Reporting tools or reporting database design is preferred
- Experience with application security technologies and approaches
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and standards
- Experience planning and breaking down a task into sub-tasks and estimating effort to perform the work
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques
- Familiarity with configuration management concepts and tools
- Familiarity with software usability concepts
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.