Do you have a passion for technology and a desire to share this passion with others? Do you enjoy helping people develop to take on the challenges that comes with a fast growing technology space? Is being a part of a team that develops training for engineers across the globe exciting to you?
At Bloomberg, our team is responsible for providing learning opportunities to develop the technical skills of our nearly 6,000 software engineers. We collaborate with all teams across engineering to ensure that we provide the highest quality educational development. We also roll up our sleeves to create our own platforms for the training and documentation of the engineering community.
We strive to make our curriculum exciting for both trainers and trainees; we use state of the art interactive technology, and have a highly collaborative team to ensure success for everyone. We aim to encourage participation and provide opportunities for trainees to learn from each other and from other developers in Engineering. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Teach a variety of classes for experienced software engineers
- Collaboratively define course structure, content, and delivery method to produce high quality training
- Develop a deep knowledge of Bloomberg technologies and work across functional teams to stay current with rapidly advancing enhancements
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle of the training tools, from understanding the functional requirements through to coding, deployment, and maintenance
- Build relationships across teams to meet goals
- Be a problem solver and think outside the box
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of Python experience
- Breadth and depth in software engineering
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to communicate concepts in a concise, logical manner to students
- A passion for learning, teaching, and mastering complex system functionality
- The ability to comfortably and confidently present to groups of 20+ people using a variety of delivery methods
- Relevant technical training work experience
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with C++
- Familiarity with open-source technologies
- Ability to learn new technologies and techniques quickly through instruction and self-training
- Ability to flexibly adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to lead discussions and actively influence the development of new strategies to improve course offerings
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.
We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.