Software Engineer III, OTC Technology:
- Pay level based on experience
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 28 Feb 18 2018-02-28
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
The selected candidate will join the OTC Technology team in New York as a software engineer supporting post trade services for CME Group Clearing and its business partners. The broader OTC Technology New York team is a high performing group of individuals that deliver on a broad range of functions including systems/business analysis, software development and quality assurance services.
- Actively participates within cross functional team (QA & Business analysts) and the broader development organization in identifying system impacts, defining and implementing solutions.
- Understand and advocate for Agile best practices for software development discipline
- Implement User stories and owns the story from Design, Development thru Deployment stage
- Work with the team to support production issues/inquiries
- Must be a willing self-starter and comfortable with a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, business analysts, and QA analysts to create a vision for a seamless experience across platforms
- Contributes to code review sessions with fellow developers for the benefit of continuous improvement
- Champion automation initiatives to increase team efficiency and throughput
- Bring in latest technology for POC studies and adaption proposals
You will be a good fit if you are somebody who…
- Understands that communication is one of the most important responsibility of a software engineer.
- Strives for clean, testable codes that adheres to design patterns best practices
- Focuses on shipping software that matters to the users, to the team and to CME GROUP.
- Experienced different type of development lifecycle methodologies (Lean, Scrum, Kanban.. etc) and knows that the most important thing is what works for the team
- Prioritizes work based on clear understanding of goals, contexts and expectations.
- Mature and pro-active approach to generating tactical (short term) and strategic (long term) solutions
- Promotes a learning environment, maintains curiosity and expresses enthusiasm
- Excels as a team player, with high level of team orientation. You deeply care about how your work attitude affects those around you.
- Passionately advocate and practice continuous improvement.
- Doesn’t mind looking bad when failures happen and embraces the learning opportunities that come with it.
Essential Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science, Engineering and/or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience with focus on hands on Full Stack Java software development
- Financial industry experience required
- Must have experience in FIX protocol
- Experienced in messaging platforms such as IBM MQ
- Good working knowledge of Oracle SQL Database
- Experience using Kafka preferred
- Experience in Vue.js preferred
- Experience in Python preferred