Software Engineer, Front-end - Vice President - Aladdin Wealth Enterprise
Description About this role
Aladdin Wealth is a fast-growing fintech business operating within BlackRock Solutions, and our
mission is to leverage the power of Aladdin's analytics, technology, and data to give financial
advisors the edge they need to build better portfolios and deliver better outcomes to their end
customers. Our product is a B2B enterprise SaaS offering and we generate direct revenues for
the firm. We operate as one cohesive unit spanning client, product, and engineering, and we
pride ourselves on getting things done and delivering new business value quickly and
frequently. We are passionate about finding new ways to solve real business problems in our
industry using technology and data.
We are rapidly growing our engineering team and are looking for ambitious individuals who can
independently architect, develop, and deploy front-end applications. Your role and Responsibilities:
• Architect, develop, deploy, and maintain fast and scalable web front-ends and business
processes that drive the investment management process for our clients
• Lead projects independently and manage people within these projects, formally or
• Role will balance strong engineering output with strong organizational, leadership,
decision-making, and communication skills.
• Partner closely with API teams, product management teams, and external client
relationship management teams to enhance the product offering and drive-up user
engagement and adoption
• A successful candidate will always strive to learn the business context of their projects
and the industry we operate in You have:
• BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
• 4+ years experience as a software engineer
• Experience leading a team or individuals in a general people management role or within
the scope of large project(s)
• Excellent communication and decision-making skills
• Able to work independently with minimal direction when leading initiatives/projects Preferred qualifications:
• Experience architecting and deploying complex applications in a production capacity
• Experience with strongly typed languages, including Typescript, is a plus
• Experience with a back-end language and web framework and initiative to contribute to
back-end projects on occasion in conjunction with front-end development
• Experience with Java or other JVM based language is a plus
• Experience in the finance industry or knowledge of financial products/markets is a plus Interested? Hit apply! Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.