Software Engineer - Repo Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Job Function
Front office Fixed Income Technology hands-on experienced developer to join the Repo Technology team. As the Repo market moves electronic, automation and the ability to scale is critical to growing the business and maintaining our competitive edge. From building out new automation tools, to improving the sales/trading workflow, to working on full-on electronic architecture this candidate will have unique opportunity to contribute to and drive the repo businesses into a new chapter of electronic trading. The candidate will be partnering with technologists, strategists, traders and salespeople to build next generation Repo electronic trading platform. This role provides a unique opportunity to work on large scale development projects, and develop in a variety of technologies such as JAVA, JS, HMTL5, C# and Slang/SecDB. In this role, candidate will be able to develop a deep understanding of Repo and other fixed income products. How will you fulfill your potential?
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
- Work directly with traders, salespeople and strategists on the trading floor to determine development requirements, specifications and priorities
- Be part of distributed global team building next generation trading platform utilizing variety technologies such as JAVA, JS, HTML5, C#, Slang/SecDB
- While we have level1 and level3 dedicated support personnel and this is primarily an engineering/software development role, it is everyone on the team's responsibility to understand how our systems are being used day-to-day, address issues as they arise, and if necessary respond to incidents
- 2-5 years software development experience working with distributed systems
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Java Experience
- Comfortable in a high-pressure work environment
- Clear and confident communicator- essential as this role will require constant business engagement
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience building trading systems in a front office environment
- Experience with Repo or other fixed income products
- Bachelor or Masters degree in an analytical subject (CS, Math, Engineering, Finance etc)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity