Software Engineer - Private Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Job Summary
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
- You will work directly with the business to design/build a critical fund management and reporting platform for the Merchant Banking Division and the firm.
- You will work with other developers on the team to implement new technology on the cloud and microservice architecture
- You will help develop for the entire division (managing funds, external investors, investment sourcing and transaction booking)
- You will leverage reporting tools like Qlik, Tableau, Business Objects and other custom reporting solutions to produce key business reports
- You will develop data models to effectively present data to the reporting platform (ie. DataLake)
- You will leverage firm stand SDLC processes and assist with production support
You will work directly with a world class Private Equity business - the only one to invest across the capital structure of Equity, Debt, and Real Estate at the size of investment that we do. You will have the opportunity to engineer a broad set of business solutions, with a primary focus on building out new Investment Hub infrastructure. Opportunities include developing implementation of new cloud based solution, big data reporting (SnowFlake and DataLake) and solving other technology and business challenges OUR IMPACT
AMD Technology is one agile team that develops solutions in the Content Search, Workflow, Investment Management, Transaction Entry, Investor Management and Business Intelligence areas. Sitting alongside the Merchant Banking business it offers unique opportunities to work with a world class Private Equity Business Basic Qualifications
- 5 years of minimum experience
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- 3+ years hands-on coding experience in Java, C# or related languages
- Experience in database technologies (Document or Relational)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with microservice architectures (SOA)
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, AZURE)
- Experience with data analytic and reporting tools - one of Business Objects, Qlikview or Tableau
- Financial background or interest in learning about the private equity business
- Experience handling real-time support requests from users
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity