Software/Product/Development Engineer Grade:
NYC or Centennial, CO Job Description:
S&P Global Ratings is looking for an Engineer to join Analytic Tools Engineering team within Ratings Technology, a team of technology professionals who define and execute the data roadmap for S&P Global Ratings. The successful candidate will participate in the design and build of S&P Ratings cloud based Ratings Analytics platform. The Team
You will be an expert contributor and part of the S&P Global Rating Analytical Tools Engineering Team. This team, has a broad and expert knowledge on Ratings Analytics across all asset classes spanning SF, C&G and PF divisions. The team has a diverse experience in technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified strategy. All Engineering team members provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value. Be a part of a unique opportunity to build and evolve S&P Ratings next gen analytics platform. The Impact:
This Engineer will join an Analytic Tools Engineering team within Ratings Technology, a team of technology professionals who define and execute the product roadmap for S&P Global Ratings. The successful candidate will participate in the design and build of S&P Ratings cloud based Ratings Analytics platform Our Hiring Manager Says
If you are an individual that brings demonstrated experience of delivering strategy projects using latest cloud based, J2EE & Containerization technologies, this is an excellent opportunity. I am looking for someone with strong programming skills, foundational concepts, hands-on, and worked on transformational initiatives. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 - $155,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
Experience & Qualifications:
- Design and develop efficient engineering and data pipelines for analytics platform to determine insights into revenue and power products across the organization
- Work closely with Project Management and Product Management to develop various features
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of design and implementation of Analytics platform with modern AWS cloud technologies & J2EE technologies.
- Build and maintain an environment for speed, accuracy, consistency and 'up' time
- Partner with Architecture and Data organization to ensure best use of standards for the key data domains and use cases
- Be in tune with emerging trends and participate in evaluation of new technologies
- Ensure compliance through the adoption of enterprise standards and promotion of best practice / guiding principles aligned with organization standards
S&P Global Ratings
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Experience with full stack J2EE engineer, building integrated and automated solutions.
- Hands-on experience with implementing front end solutions using Angular, JS, CSS & HTML
- Hands-on experience with implementing Micro Services, REST API & Messaging.
- Experience managing AWS services (EC2, S3, Route 53, ELB, VPC, cloudwatch, Lambda) in a multi account production environment
- Experience with implementing containers and Container Management (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Exposure to R & Python is a Plus
- Experience with development frameworks and methodologies i.e. 12-Factor App Methodology is a plus
- Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Financial services industry experience is a plus
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
255921 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States