- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 7Park Data
- 17 Sep 18
Software Engineering role, Competitive compensation package, Rapidly growing company
This Software Engineer will join other extremely passionate engineers who share a common interest in distributed systems, performance, scale, and solving problems with software and data. Our technologies power the insights for financial service and corporate giants.
Ideal candidates are those who are excited by big data challenges, and enjoy using new technologies to make large datasets feel small.
Compensation includes a highly competitive salary, bonus and equity.
- Work closely with the report delivery and operations team to execute on product goals.
- Build fault tolerant, secure processes to extract terabytes of disparate data through a unified scalable data extraction and reporting platform.
- Leverage AWS and third-party tools/services to solve undifferentiated problems.
- Assist with the troubleshooting of production support issues.
- Enjoy the challenge of researching data issues to maintain quality in our large data sets
- Read relevant blogs and articles and grow as an engineer.
- 2+ years working as an engineer in a data focused team building data processing frameworks and capabilities.
- Must be proficient with Python.
- Knowledge in Pandas, NumPy and Excel Libraries.
- Experience developing solutions on the AWS platform.
- Experience with relational databases such as postgresql and mySQL.
- Expertise troubleshooting software and systems.
- Flexible and can adapt to changing demands of a startup environment.
- Results driven with a strong desire to build data platforms that enable 7Park Data’s insights across a massive and diverse set of data.
7Park Data transforms data to revolutionize business decisions.
Leveraging machine learning, entity extraction and linking, and predictive models, we transform unstructured information into contextualized Leading Performance Indicators for thousands of public and private companies. Our clients are the most sophisticated investment firms and Fortune 500 corporations who depend on 7Park Data to guide benchmarking, forecasting and product development.
7Park Data offers the Avenue Suite, a collection of dashboards providing clients and partners with on- demand access to our report library, commentary from domain experts, and custom queries and visualizations
Avenue I/O, our developer site, is a suite of APIs, SDKs and tools for data scientists, quantitative analysts, and data owners who want access to cleansed, mapped, normalized data and user-level panels to build their own models. Avenue I/O provides open source tools to quickly and easily build analytical products powered by our APIs.
7Park Data was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in New York City.
For more information, please visit www.7parkdata.com.