- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 22 Jul 18 2018-07-22
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day.[i] Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
[i] Figures as of January 1, 2018. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Design and develop applications and services supporting IB's rapidly growing customer base.
- Build software that supports the expansion of IB brokerage business into new markets around the world.
- Optimize and refactor existing code for improved reliability and performance.
- Write and maintain design and engineering documentation.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- Minimum 5 of professional programming experience.
- At least 3 years of Java or C++ programming experience.
- Python, Perl or similar scripting language experience.
- Relational databases experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Prior experience in finance is preferred, but not required.