- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 18
Software Engineer-DevOps Automation Developer
Location: New York, NY, USAHigh-level Responsibilities: The Software Engineer - DevOps and Release will be part of the Architecture and Engineering team, actively engaged and working with onshore/offshore employees and consultants to build out an automated and scalable DevOps pipeline. He/she will work with the team in daily operational work to support the SDLC DevOps pipeline automation used by multiple development teams of Business-Critical applications, which includes usage of Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar), Configuration Management tools (e.g. Puppet Enterprise), and Continuous Delivery tools (e.g. CA Release Automation, UrbanCode, Ancible). He/she will work with key engineering resources from Infrastructure, Architecture, Engineering, and Development to drive and pioneer a scalable build/deploy/test pipeline in order reduce the business's time to market. This position covers the automation of the entire SDLC lifecycle from development to production and includes daily exposure to Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, and Continuous Delivery tools. This is a hands-on role requiring direct work in the areas above.
Key Proficiencies include:
- A strong proficiency in navigating and editing files within UNIX/Linux environments.
- Proven ability to automate tasks and connect tools together via Programming and/or scripting skills.
- Proven ability to write programs, utilities, scripts to automate daily tasks. Java development strongly desired.
- Experience developing/scripting utilities which can mine data in existing databases to produce reports (preferably Oracle and/or MySQL).
- Experience working with Configuration Management tools (e.g. Puppet and/or Chef) and creating/maintaining manifests in these tools.
- Build automation experience using Development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Nuget, Chocolatey, NPM, and similar technologies.
- Experience building applications using Maven and utilizing Maven with an artifact repository, such as Sonatype Nexus or JFrog Artifactory, is a must.
- Experience leveraging Docker alongside the development process is strongly desired.
- Experience with commercial deployment tools such as CA Nolio (CARA), XebiaLabs, Ancible, Serena, or IBM UrbanCode strongly desired.
- Understanding of source code management concepts and disciplines such as source code branching/merging strategies.
- Has experience using Atlassian Jira.
- Pega experience is a nice to have.
- Availability to work during the regular business workday, as well as evenings and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments in a large IT project environment.
- Demonstrated an ability to review and maintain SOP (Standard Operational Procedures) documentation.
- Ability to coordinate automation release strategies with Development leads and Infrastructure engineers.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills to collaborate with consultants, stakeholders/customers (from Developers to Managing Directors), peers, and vendors
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and performance driven. Strong customer service and teamwork skills: motivated to grow and succeed.
- Ability to stay up to date on industry trends related to areas of responsibility. Willingness to quickly adapt and learn.
- Experience working in a SOX compliant environment a strong plus.
Architecture and Engineering Team
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 4+ years experience in a team IT environment with development and automation responsibilities.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.