- $140000 - $180000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus and Benefits
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings Technology
- 18 Dec 17
Software Developer | Quant Trading
- Location: New York, NY, USA
- Salary: $140000 - $180000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus and Benefits
- Job Type: Full time
Looking for a strong software developer to work on a next generation, greenfield project for a leading quantitative trading firm.Software Engineer | NY/Philadelphia Locations
Leading Quantitative Trading Firm
140,000-180,000 Base plus Bonus and Top Benefits
A leading global quantitative trading firm is looking for experienced developers to join their team. The firm is known for their success across the globe in options-market making, their technology-focused business, and their amazing company culture. By joining their team, your focus would be to enhance and optimize their state of the art trading platform while also having an opportunity to build the next generation trading platform. In this role, you will interact with different areas of the business implementing some of the most cutting-edge trading technologies in the market.
This would be a great opportunity for someone coming from a non-finance background to make their mark in the financial technology industry. Although a keen interest in finance is a plus; prior financial experience is not a pre-requisite. Anyone willing to join a collaborative, open-minded environment to optimize performance across the business is going to be highly sought after by this group!
The ideal candidate is someone who is not just looking for a new job, but an opportunity to build a career. Writing highly scalable and clean code is of utmost importance. Several years of experience in a low-latency environment and/or experience working on distributed systems will also be highly valuable. This candidate will need to write high-performance code in C++, C#, or Java.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a software developer/engineer
- Bachelors/Masters degree in computer science or a related field
- Hands on experience in C++, C#, or Java
- Network programming experience
- Experience in distributed systems or CPU architecture; building something from the ground up is a plus
- Ability to break down a complex problem into simple pieces