My client is globally renowned high-frequency proprietary trading firm. They seek experienced Software Developers for their Core Engineering team who are excited to design in-house trading systems that are robust, resilient, and extremely fast.
These systems enable them to execute algorithmic trading strategies based on patterns in market behavior. By building and maintaining this high-performance infrastructure, developers have helped to position the firm as a leader in the field of quantitative trading.
The Software Developer will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing a high-frequency trading platform, which includes collecting quotes and trades from and disseminating orders to exchanges around the world
- Optimizing this platform by using network and systems programming, as well as other advanced techniques to minimize latency
- Developing systems that provide easy access to historical market data and trading simulations
- Creating tools to analyze data for patterns
- Building risk-management and performance-tracking tools
- Shaping the future of the Core Engineering team through regular interviewing and infrequent campus recruiting trips
- Our ideal candidate will graduate with a degree in computer science along with:
- A strong background in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming in C++
- Brilliant problem-solving abilities
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of any other development language, including Java, Python, or Perl and shell scripts (a plus)