Service Academy Conference- Strategic Operations
JobDescription : Role Purpose
The Associate Director, Business Transformation supports the Strategic Operations' Business Transformation (BT) team responsible for execution of priorities of the BT team.
The AD, BT role will play an important role in operationalizing digital operating model capabilities within Ratings. These include RPA, advanced measurement and tracking systems, management information analytics and reporting; and problem solving with a strong technology focus. With the team's cross-practice mandate to drive standardization and consistency across Ratings processes, the AD, BT will work closely with Business Management and analytical / functional teams to identify opportunities, analyze and design solutions and implement them. This will involve effective partnering within the BT function and across multiple teams within Ratings.
The role will focus hands-on expertise and execution capabilities but with the opportunity to think strategically and design solutions. The ability to analyze complex problems, identify potential solutions and create strong partnerships across different teams to implement them will be key.
The business impact of the role is to be part of a small but highly effective team driving execution of meaningful change in the way Ratings operates by improving our execution and implementation capabilities and driving towards the goal of transformation from a legacy business to a digital one. Key Responsibilities
Capabilities & Key Attributes
- Execute and lead projects within the BT team covering a broad scope of operational activities
- Working in partnership with Business Management, Lean and other teams within Ratings (including Data Science, IT) to deliver solutions to business problems
- Proactively identifying opportunities to drive continuous improvement and smart ways to deploy technology to solve business problems
- Ad-hoc data and business analysis to get to root causes of problems and analyze potential solutions
- Support Business Management and Strategic Initiative Owners with cross-practice implementation and design of standard work
- Operationalize approaches for metrics and KPIs and operationalize using the BT team
- Design and implement sophisticated management information reporting (MIS) tools and processes
- Become an expert in automation using tools such as RPA and be at the heart of a specific RPA competency within the BT team
Background & Experience
- The role requires a sound understanding of S&P Global Ratings' business
- A strong customer focus is required which requires understand of who our customers are and how they use our products.
- As an Associated role the AD, BT will provide a bridge between Analytical and Commercial functions requiring knowledge of both sides of the business.
- A strong working knowledge of S&P Lean and Agile roles, processes and philosophy is required. This is critical to role modeling behaviors and developing team capabilities.
- A strong technical mindset and skills with a hands-on focus supported by a strong interest in building capabilities that support the digitization of operations.
- 7+ Years in Industry: Financial Services or related
- Experience working on complex initiatives highly valued
- Exposure to different parts of the organization in a variety of roles preferable