Senior Web Architect - Aladdin Product Group
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jan 18 2018-01-17
Looking for a Senior Web Architect to design a centralized web portal to support large institutional clients.
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock:
The BlackRock Aladdin Product Group is seeking a Senior Web Architect with experience in designing and delivering secure websites where sensitive PII, client financial information and client initiated financial transactions are exposed to clients. The web architect will manage overall architecture, software designs, standards and technical roadmaps for our institutional client web portal. Equally important is the ability to contribute code and play an active role in solutions across individual applications. The web architect is expected to help drive the transformation of client servicing at BlackRock, collaborating with enterprise architects as well as guiding solution architecture across a diverse group of development teams all charged with developing applications within our emerging client servicing ecosystem.
Design an institutional client web portal whose mission is to deliver client investment data to a diverse set of large institutional clients. The website will be the focus of BlackRock’s client servicing strategy and be the primary method through which we digitally engage with clients. It will be required to deliver both native functionality as well as integrate other services and applications from various groups within BlackRock with a significant focus on enabling a robust set of self-service features to our end users. The portal will need to handle a seamless client journey, offering single sign-on and the provisioning of all applicable services across our client base. It will deliver both static data and reports along with the ability to have clients generate their own interactive views into their daily investment data. The individual is expected to create, govern and evangelize the technical architecture with our senior BlackRock technology partners, similarly fostering continuous improvement through the introduction of industry recognized best practices. The individual is further expected to drive the architecture of our broader client servicing ecosystem, one where multiple services will be developed and exposed through the client portal both as integrated functionality and as a launching point for unique 3rd party applications.
- 7+ years of experience in IT including at least 3 years in architecture roles
- Demonstrable experience building multi-tier, scalable, fault tolerant customer-facing web applications
- Expertise with identity management, authentication and information security best practices
- Extensive SOA patterns and design knowledge and familiarity with cloud based services
- Experience with platform integrations and designing service APIs
- Experience working with Java, Angular, and React is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and proven ability to interact with stakeholders across all levels of the organization, able to translate complex ideas into easily understandable themes for technical and non-technical members of the organization
- Expertise in working with complex cross-domain applications in a global organization across multiple time zones