Senior Vice President / Vice President
- Commensurate with experience
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young - US
- 05 Feb 18 2018-02-05
The EY Investment Banking practice provides clients with unbiased strategic advice surrounding corporate finance and strategic alternatives through highly focused industry teams with world class, global execution capabilities. Our industry teams understand the specific competitive environments in which our clients operate. We work on the basis of creating long-term relationships with our clients and our teams work closely with them to understand their short and long-term goals - being there at every stage to identify potential risks and exploit opportunities.
- Advise companies regarding strategic and corporate finance alternatives.
- Develop and strengthen investment banking relationships with clients in consumer and retail sector.
- Assist in identifying, originating, engaging and completing potential transactions and evaluating associated risks.
- Advise companies regarding strategic and capital markets alternatives.
- Lead teams in developing potential transaction opportunities and executing mandated deals.
- Develop, supervise and mentor staff at all levels.
- Contribute to recruiting and team development.
- Participate in outreach and cross-training with various business units, partners and colleagues of our parent firm.
- A bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and at least 7 years of related work experience.
- Existing Series 7 and/or 79 plus Series 63 securities licenses (in good standing)
- Experience working with clients in the consumer and retail industry.
- Experience working in investment banking.
- Proven track record of success and strong, established network of relationships.
- Extensive knowledge with mergers and acquisitions, and capital markets.
- Ability to work directly with clients as the most senior banking team representative.
- Strong experience with both identifying transactions and leading execution.
- Superior understanding of and ability to critique and evaluate financial analysis and modeling.
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary - up to 30%.