Senior Vendor Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Senior Vendor Manager markets supply chain finance solutions to Suppliers of our Buyer clients.
Primary purpose is to market Vendor Prepay, aka Payables Finance programs and enrol suppliers nominated by our Buyer clients. Vendor Management teams are expected to perform supplier analysis, define supplier marketing and enrolment strategy specific to each program. They focus on active supplier calling to maximize supplier program sign up ratio.
Core value proposition of Senior Vendor Manager:
- Work with Buyer client and internal coverage teams to define supply chain finance program marketing strategy and approach
- Enrol suppliers in a quick and easy manner
- Growing the supplier side business where the risk metrics are strong, i.e. off-take is a large buyer
- Leverage digital tools, i.e. online supplier enrolment portal or other digital solutions to enhance supplier experience
- Manage Vendor Prepay programs to maximize revenue
Our Ideal Candidate
- On-going management for VPP program, e.g. vendor program exit, profile update, periodic review of vendor if required, monitor and drive up program utilization etc
- Partner with Relationship or Sales Managers in and out of VPP supplier markets to deepen supply chain finance wallet share with clients at global level
- Work closely with RM, Sales and Implementation Managers to ensure good supplier uptake, smooth first draw down and program launch
- Support digital agenda and innovation to streamline supplier enrolment processes and improve efficiency
- Refer enrolled suppliers to other business segments for cross sell. Support pre to post deal opportunities as well as FX and deep tiering financing for suppliers
- Observe and act on global VMT business processes, policies and control measures
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills with an ability and knowledge to articulate supply chain finance and VPP program benefits
- Ability to negotiate and understand legal agreements supporting supply chain finance solutions
- SCF, Cash and FX competence
- Ability to engage RM, Sales & Implementation Manager as well as VMT in other markets to ensure bank delivers its commitment
- Strong analytical and program marketing skill
- Spanish language capability is a plus
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.