Senior Unified Communications Engineer
Technology Services Group (TSG) is the technology enabler for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation
TSG Workplace Technology engineers solutions for all BNYM end-users including physical and virtual desktops; desktop operating systems; mobile; remote access; Microsoft Office; unstructured files and archiving; chat; collaboration; productivity solutions and the technology integration for real estate programs.
The Video Engineering Team in Workplace Technology architects, designs, implements and supports complex audio & video communications platforms to deliver services to BNY Mellon's 50,000 global employees. Services provided by Video Engineering include video conferencing, video streaming, video on demand, web conferencing & collaboration, and digital signage. The Role
As a Senior Unified Communication Engineer,
you will lead the research, design, development, and the enterprise-wide integration and implementation of new and emerging technologies. You will architect, design, configure, implement and understand the support requirements for the video & collaboration infrastructure and systems. You will train and document the system for support staff to transfer knowledge.
You will perform overall design or support and on-going review of complex system design. You'll work with other IT areas to define or support architectural standards. You will collaborate with the team and vendor representatives on strategic projects, installations, moves, changes, troubleshooting, documentation and servicing for intricate issues. You will stay informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. You will evaluate new technology, products, and services for potential opportunity as future networking solutions or upgrade/replacement. You will contribute to the achievement of area objectives.
- Responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and support of BNY Mellon's live & on demand video streaming solutions.
- Develop streaming solutions that improve reliability, scale, and performance of live streams across the global enterprise.
- Designing, implementing and supporting large / complex Unified Communication (UC) solutions including Cisco and Microsoft telephony and video conference solutions.
- End user experience in building highly functional yet simple to use systems for our employees.
This person is a subject matter expert in several of the tools/technologies used in the space. Leads the development infrastructure engineering growth strategies and initiatives. Leads initiatives to analyze complex infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Leads the evaluation of the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology and tools. Analyzes trends to develop strategy for the implementation of upgrades that will enhance the reliability, Resiliency and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Provides leadership to execute project plans and performance requirements for all stages/phases through the management of human capital resources. This person is a subject matter expert in at least one of the tools/techologies used in the space. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Utilizes standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Utilizes standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Manages the processes for ensuring that all systems/applications/software/hardware are compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Monitors project plans and budgets. Works closely with external vendors, internal partners and busienss teams to provide infrastructure/tool needs. Works with Application Development and Quality Assurance, Testing and Business teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development, testing and production BAU processes. Ensures these needs are taken into account when developing infrastructure. Acts as escalation point for major incidents. Leads strategy to increase automation across the organization. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of related experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of related experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Expert knowledge of one of more of the following enterprise video & collaboration platforms (Microsoft Stream, Microsoft Teams, Qumu, Kaltura, Vbrick, Cisco, Webex, Zoom
- Expert knowledge of of one of more of the following CDN proviers and eCDN platforms for video streaming (Akamai, Cloudflare, Cloudfront, Ramp, Hive, Kollective)
- In depth understanding of network technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, QoS, multicast, firewalls, security, certificates, and encryption) in order to work with network and/or systems and/or security resources on installing and troubleshooting systems.
- Experience in resolving technical (hardware, software, communications) malfunctions and have the capability to implement solutions including temporary workarounds and hardware/software upgrades.
- Integration skills connecting solutions built by multiple vendors in this space.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365, Skype for Business, Teams Rooms, CVI
- Knowledge of video conference / telepresence experience including Cisco UCM, TMS, Expressway, CMS.
- Knowledge of other telephony systems including Avaya, NICE and IPC.
- Understanding of Session Border Controllers and telephony routing.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: