Senior UX Engineer - Aladdin Product Group
Description About this role
At BlackRock, we are looking for software engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. You want to be belong to a firm that recognizes strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With over USD $8 trillion of assets we have a unique responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial wellbeing What is Aladdin and the Aladdin Product Group (APG)?
You will be working on BlackRock's investment operating system Aladdin. Aladdin is used both internally and externally by many financial institutions. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
Our development team's sit inside APG. We collaboratively build the next generation of technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets and supports millions of financial instruments. We perform risk calculations and process millions of transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide! Responsibilities:
- Build web component libraries, templates, and client-side applications that will be deployed across a wide range of platforms and environments.
- Passionate about creating usable interfaces about crafting elegant code. Someone who can not only develop amazing experiences, but also collaborate effectively with the team.
- Experience interfacing with RESTful APIs
- Experience with micro frontends and micro services is a plus
- Write and review technical design specs
- Optimize applications for performance and responsive design
- Coordinate and communicate ideas and activities with teams around the globe
- Perform code reviews
- Work with teams on new technologies and techniques
- Passionate about building quality software and scaling technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- 10+ years of web development, including experience in web frameworks "Angular 2+", "React", coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques
- Experience in test frameworks like Cypress, Mocha, Jest, Karma etc.
- Knowledge of UI security issues and best practices to prevent vulnerabilities
- Demonstrates an ability to build applications that take care of large amounts of data but remain highly responsive even in high-latency environments
- Experience working with backend and UX engineers when building user interfaces
- Experience with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
- Ensure compliance with development methodology and technical processes
- Understanding of current and emerging trends of the web platform
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.