Senior Tax Analyst TDS
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Bank Group
- 20 May 19
Senior Tax Analyst TDS
TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
The Senior Tax Analyst is responsible for ensuring that TD Securities US Taxation is managed as efficiently and effectively as possible. This position will report to the Director of Tax and will be required to interact with various internal and external groups.
• Prepare/review (commensurate with experience) assigned Federal Corporate Income Tax returns along with quarterly estimates and extension calculations.
• Prepare/review (commensurate with experience) income tax provisions under both IFRS and GAAP for assigned entities and provide reporting packages to TD Bank Canada Tax for consolidation.
• Support Tax examinations by providing timely documentation and submission of packages
• Prepare financial statement disclosures and footnotes related to income taxes on an annual and interim basis.
• Serve as a resource for the Retail income tax accounting function and business partnering with senior members within Finance.
• Work with external auditors for all US Retail tax related questions and issues with regards to Financial Statement disclosure for SEC/ Regulatory filings.
• Assist in evaluation of proposed and enacted tax laws with the ability to research and analyze the impact of the new tax legislation to the Wholesale business.
• Assist in evaluating new business proposals to ensure proper tax treatment.
• Maintain a strong internal control environment and documentation.
• Support tax special projects as they arise including tax software implementation
• Bachelor degree in Business/Accounting/Financial Management (accounting designation is preferred but not required)
• 4+ years related experience.
• Requires working knowledge of the Tax function and the key business areas supported.
• Must be knowledgeable of established benchmarks and/or best practices for own area.
• Must be detail oriented and possess problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and establish priorities.
• Proficient in interpersonal communication (both oral and written), and have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.