- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Mar 18
Senior Tax Analyst
Location: New York, NY, USAOverview
Preferred candidate should have 4-7 years of experience with sales & use tax. Knowledge in the software and service business lines a plus.
• Prepare and file monthly Sales & Use tax returns (including Canada GST/HST).
• Prepare and file other tax compliance filings such as Annual Reports, Business Licenses, Personal Property, Gross receipts.
• Investigate and resolve sales tax issues regarding invoices sent to Company's customers with Billing, A/R and Collections departments.
• Investigate and resolve sales tax issues regarding invoices for the Company's purchases with Procurement and A/P departments.
• Run monthly sales tax activity reports and coordinate with General Accounting department to reconcile activity with the Company's financial reporting system.
• Update external sales tax software for tax rate changes, customer exemptions, new compliance, changes in taxability matrix.
• Interact with Billing, A/P, A/R and Collections departments to ensure accurate tax on invoices - includes exemptions and customer inquiries.
• Interact with external tax authority auditors and resolve notices regarding sales tax compliance.
• Work with Treasury to process payments via ACH or checks to ensure timely payments.
• Use the Company's external tax research software (BNA and TTR) and tax jurisdiction websites to perform research when needed related to compliance or taxability issues.
Sales & Use Tax Compliance
Education / Proficiencies Requirements
• BS/BA Accounting. CPA or MST a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Vertex and PeopleSoft experience a plus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.