Senior Tableau Engineer - Business Intelligence (Contract)
Please note that this position is a contract position
Bloomberg runs on data. Our data captures the who, what, when, where and why of how our clients use Bloomberg products. As the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team, we are responsible for ingesting and preparing massive amounts of data for reporting, dashboards, self-service and advanced analytics. The data will also be used to drive new businesses within Bloomberg by providing new insights.
Are you a hands-on Senior BI architect and developer who is excited to tackle the challenges that come with performing analytics and creating visualizations on large volumes of diverse data with complex business rules?
A key objective of this role is for you to provide analysis, design and developmental insight for the team in building an enterprise level data analytics platform using industry standard concepts against our Data Warehouse, Data Lake, and Big Data environments.
Are you excited to innovate, educate, and drive new concepts both within the team and across our organization? In order to be successful:
You'll need to have:
- You should have a working knowledge of industry standard Data Infrastructure (e.g. Warehouse, BI, Analytics, Big-Data, etc.) tools with the goal of providing end users with analytics at the speed of thought.
- You should be proficient at developing, architecting, standardizing and supporting technology platforms using Industry leading BI / Reporting solutions.
- You should thrive while interacting directly with end users and becoming a subject matter expert in order to architect and design our solutions and drive insights using your strong data visualization experience.
- You must have strong communication, presentation, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- You should be highly motivated to drive innovations company-wide.
We would love to see:
- 5+ year of experience with Tableau
- 4+ years of database expertise. Advanced SQL capabilities and dimensional modeling expertise are required. Experience working with extremely large data volumes is a plus.
- Strong data reporting and visualization experience with the ability to tell a story and drive analytics solutions
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with business users to gather requirements and manage scope
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Experience with a wide variety of BI/Reporting tools such as QlikSense, SSRS, IBM Cognos, Business Objects.
- Understanding of data warehousing methodologies and ETL processing in tools such as Informatica.
- Understanding of VLDB performance aspects, such as table partitioning, sharding, table distribution and optimization techniques
- Experience working in a big data environment
- Programming experience, including Java, C++, Python, ksh
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.