- Ownership of corporate data storage and compute resources consisting of various SAN and backup solutions, VMWare Hypervisors, and Cisco UCS Blades, and Citrix solutions on a global scale.
- Manage a team consisting of several direct reports, including delivering constructive feedback, managing time and/or workload, and offering development opportunities for staff when available.
- Manage and implement solutions on cloud platforms such as AWS and M365, as well as various other supporting cloud services.
- Develop and maintain strategies for high availability and disaster recovery across all managed systems.
- Monitor systems for uptime, performance, and adherence to cyber security policy and best practices.
- Maintain Anti-Virus, Messaging, Windows Server, Active Directory, and automated build solutions.
- Implement new servers and services, first in a test capacity and then in production.
- Coordination of 24x7x365 coverage and support for all associated infrastructure.
- Maintain adherence to our existing change control and documentation process.
- Demonstrate and apply rigorous, process driven project management principles in delivering technology solutions.
- Produce utilization reports and perform capacity planning. (i.e. disk utilization, memory, etc).
- Automate functions through scripting for workstation and server builds, common support tasks, etc.
- Lead efforts to evaluate, test and introduce new technology and approaches to the organization.
- 6+ years’ experience in designing Cloud environments, Microsoft platform solutions, and mobile/remote work tools.
- Thorough hands-on experience in Windows Environments at a senior level is critical.
- Deep understanding and experience of designing and deploying data storage solutions to meet varying business needs within a corporate enterprise.
- Proven ability to automate solutions within a Microsoft Windows environment using scripting techniques such as Windows CMD, VBScript, PowerShell etc.
- Extensive experience automating Windows builds on servers, workstations, and notebooks.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot Microsoft networking and server issues using appropriate monitoring and diagnostic tools.
- Experience with trading floor environments is desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with collaborative team skills are required.
- A BA/BS degree Computer Science, or equivalent field is required.
- Seeks opportunities to work with others together on projects and uses teams to address relevant issues. Solicits the opinions of others and modifies the outcome based on information gathered from multiple sources.
2. Quality and Investor Focus.
- Committed in words and actions to enhance continuously the quality of product/service/delivery at each and every stage of the business operation to meet fully and exceed customer expectations so as to maximize competitive position and customer loyalty, without compromising bottom-line performance.
3. Personal Effectiveness.
- High standards of integrity with the ability to change, adapt and grow.
- Handles day-to-day challenges confidently.
- Challenges assumptions regularly.
- Is able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Aspires to be number one in the market or the best possible functional specialist.
- Personal desire to achieve challenging objectives and compete against defined standards of excellence. Enjoys competition and actively seeks to outperform others.
- Intelligent, analytical and demanding, but at the same time pragmatic and resilient with an ability to get things done.
- Positive, driven, enthusiastic, and ambitious for the business.
- Expresses pride in work well done and disappointment or frustration with less than optimal performance.
- Shows resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations or adversity.
- Actively pursues learning and self-development; seeks feedback and welcomes unsolicited feedback; modifies behavior in light of feedback.
- Excellent communications skills. Articulate, persuasive, and tactful. A natural inclination and ability to keep superiors, colleagues, and appropriate external constituents well informed. An ability to translate complex financial and risk management principles into understandable concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to relate well with other highly motivated professionals and to earn their respect. Able to relate to staff members in ways that help them feel part of the firm and valued as employees. Someone who is comfortable taking the time to build consensus.
4. Strategic Vision.
- Able to step back from day-to-day activities to view the business from a different perspective, see the bigger picture, distill information, trends, needs, etc. and build credible strategies to achieve the desired vision and commercial outcomes.
- Current Industry/position: Server or cloud engineer with SAN and virtualization experience with another financial institution.
In all respects, needs to reflect the following SFM core values:
- Smart risk-taking
- Owner’s Mindset