Senior Specialist, SQL Developer
BNYM provides leading Corporate Trust services to the debt capital markets, including trustee, paying agency, fiduciary, and escrow. We offer clients world-class products, service, and technology and have experience ranging from traditional to the most specialized asset classes and complex financing structures, and at all stages of the deal lifecycle-from issuance to maturity.
Corporate Trust Technology is amid a huge technology revamp. Considering the core nature of business, high performance and resiliency are core pillars of our technology architecture. We are looking for strong SQL developers who are excited about building these next gen systems. They will be part of a core team that will drive these projects driving forward. This is a lead position with hands-on individual contributor role. Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is to make sure all projects are reviewed, and performance of our applications is not compromised.
- Optimization: Development and tuning of all database objects, while monitoring and maintaining system health and performance.
- Quality Assurance: Review SQL Stored Procedures and Queries for Performance and provide regular feedback, along with troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
- Collaboration: Working closely with development team throughout the process of writing and deploying database code. This may include providing guidance on complex queries and the optimization of processes and statements.
Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support.Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project.The job holder leads the technical design, development and documentation of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. S/he analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, and logical processes and interfaces with other systems. S/he also ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved by coordinating, coding, testing, implementation and documentation. Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code. Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites. Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions. Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain). Actively participate in code reviews. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system. Apply security and privacy principles. Created functional requirements and creating reports on databases. Active learning engagement. Complete all required mandatory training / policy awareness curricula on time. Use learning tools such as Pluralsight to complete both recommended and aspirational targets set in personal development plans. Demonstrate team work. Leverage existing products/functionality and promote reuse. Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices. Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to. Collaborate cross-functionally with data engineers, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions. Utilize local meetups to gain and share knowledge. Compiles documentation written by more senior developers of all procedures used in database creation . Acts as a mentor to junior level developers. Relevant experience with SQL Server, SQL and T-SQL, including index strategies, performance tuning and optimization and stored procedures. Database developers must be able to create Oracle reports and write complex SQL statements for large scale databases. Communications and organization skills; team work skills; possess analytical thinking skills Contributes to the achievement of area objectives Qualifications Required Skills and Experience:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- 7 to 9 years of experience in software development required
- 7+ years of SQL Server database engineering/development experience including utilizing stored procedures, functions, triggers, and queries.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server 2014+ architecture and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure Data Platform.
- Experience in using NoSQL storage technologies.
- Experience in using Data Visualization tools
- Advanced knowledge of high availability environments
- Experience with Graph DB, NoSQL Database
- Experience working in an SDLC, Agile and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience in securities or financial services industries is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Texas-Houston Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: