Senior Specialist, Quantitative Modeling
Quantitative Analyst Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 9 The Location:
New York, United States The Team:
The Custom Index Management Team within the Global Index Management & Production Group (IMPG). The Impact:
The Index Manager is responsible for managing a wide range of S&P and Dow Jones custom indices. They will ensure that the indices are managed in accordance with their methodology, perform routine analysis and make presentations to the respective Index Committees on a periodic basis. What's in it for you:
An exciting new opportunity to join a leading index provider, build your skill set, and grow with the team. As an Index Manager, you will be responsible for a group of indices, across global markets, that adopt complex index strategies to achieve their objective. The Index Manager must be able to analyze and implement complex index methodology and solve non-routine problems on an on-going basis. Responsibilities:
- Work on a large amount of complex index models in Excel and Access, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of real-time and end-of-day index data to clients and end users.
- Ensure corporate actions of constituents in each assigned index are correctly applied in SPDJI proprietary system according to index methodology.
- Perform analytical research on companies to determine the composition of indices, interpreting complex index methodology and adjusting data in our calculation system, and adjusting the data to conform to the rules of the index.
- Perform index rebalances by interpreting index methodology, running models and research for adds/drops, implementing changes, and communicating these appropriately to clients, all with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Take responsibility for the management of high-profile indices, acting as an expert and displaying in-depth knowledge of the product.
- Manage and maintain key relationships with other groups within the department and across other departments, particularly Development.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines. The projects involve; requirements gathering, analytical thinking, compilation of data, and documentation.
- Work on ad-hoc projects to enhance the automation of workflow or develop tools enhance the QA process using advanced programming language (Python).
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $56,600 to $129,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative subject with 1-2 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of VBA and SQL.
- A demonstrable understanding of global equity markets, commodities pricing, bond and derivatives calculation.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Superior computer skills in Excel, Word and related applications
- Ability to learn S&P's proprietary index calculation engines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work done by multiple people and / or groups.
S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance preferred
- Strong technical skills with experience using Python
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities. S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
263002 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States