Senior Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst (IMS)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG)
is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers. TSG
is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. Mainframe Services
group within TSG
is at the very foundation of our business. We're a dynamic and growing environment supporting many of our Core Business Systems. The Mainframe team is responsible for delivering highly resilient systems on the latest IBM hardware and multi-vendor software. As a member of this team, you can be a part of implementing technology driven by several significant investment programs to move us to the next level of processing.
The IMS and DB2 Systems
team within the Mainframe Services
group responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining IMS, DB2 and related software products. The group is responsible for installation and support for IMS and DB2; productivity tools; performance and monitoring tools; and database utilities. While the group's primary focus is on the mainframe, we have responsibility for multiple clients that connect to the mainframe from Linux, UNIX and Windows. Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- Install/configure/upgrade IMS and related IMS and DB2 software products. This includes middleware products that may have both mainframe and distributed components.
- Troubleshoot IMS/DB2 subsystem problems
- Customize software to meet user needs
- Communication, scheduling and coordination for changes.
- Initiate and participate in Proofs of Concept for new technologies
- Participate in Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Ability to work after normal business hours and on weekends to perform software upgrades, support OS and Applications Projects.
- Be available to provide 24X7 coverage and support and respond to calls for assistance in a timely manner.
Sr. Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches and recommends the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. Identifies and solves complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Provides input into platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Assists with complex issues in the installation, support, troubleshooting, and repair of data center equipment. Implements, integrates and provides full support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine middleware platform selection, efficient transaction design, use and recovery procedures in line with business requirements. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Works with vendors to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8 - 10 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor'sdegree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent workexperience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- 8-10 years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience inthe securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- StrongMainframe Systems Programming background, including SMPE.
- Strongworking knowledge of IMS Internals.
- Experienceworking in an IMS DB/DC environment.
- Experiencewith IMS Performance/Monitoring products and performance tuning.
- Familiar withIMS Data Sharing and IMS Queue Sharing.
- Familiar withthe IMS Catalog and Repository.
- Willingnessto get involved with tasks outside of the realm of IMS.
- Interest ingetting involved with distributed products such as DB2 Connect.
- IMS DBAskills are a plus.
- Experience troubleshootingIMS/DB2 subsystem problems and resolving them in a timely manner.
- Experienceworking with vendors to resolve software issues.
- Experience installingand maintaining vendor products.
- Goodknowledge of REXX programming is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with application programmersand DBA's.
- Ability towork on multiple projects.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Somerset Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: