The Real-Time Enterprise Technology department is a new and growing area of Bloomberg. The Entitlement Management and Reporting System (EMRS) allows our customers to manage their users, applications, and permissions for various Enterprise Data products. It drives our massive market data distribution platform data permission checks in real time. On the EMRS Core team, we design and build core datastores, and provide clean libraries and services on the top to power EMRS UI and other Bloomberg functions. We also develop high capacity and low latency APIs for user authorizations and permission checks.
We are looking for an engineer to join our team to help us build the next generation of market leading enterprise client tools suite. You will have exposure to a wide range of technologies, including but not limited to, designing and building modern databases and caches, developing reusable business modules and data access layer logic in Python, and creating high performance notification systems utilizing state-of-art messaging and streaming technologies. As a member of our team, you will be working with a group of diverse and highly motivated engineers, learning continuously, and contributing ideas starting day one! We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Create Python / C++ services and scripts on Linux
- Work with relational databases
- Build Redis caches and Kafka streams
- Work across multiple teams in Engineering
- Communicate with product managers and other stakeholders
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of programming experience with Python, C++ or other Object-Oriented languages
- 3+ years of experience developing SQL queries, performing optimizations, and designing databases
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Familiarity with Python, SQL, Shell scripting, data structures, algorithms and optimizations, Object-Oriented design, Docker, CICD, automated testing
- Ability to learn on the go, desire to share ideas and be a great teammate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.