Senior Software Engineer: Fullstack Web Developer
Enterprise Trading Platform (ETP) develops next-generation trading systems to support the growing needs of Bloombergâ€™s enterprise OMS (Order Management System) clients. ETP is on a mission to provide a scalable cross-asset transaction data platform, delivering greater transparency of trading events and enhanced analytical capability to positions, P&L, and trade life cycles.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team to contribute to expanding our self service portal for provisioning middleware solutions in Bloomberg catering for Trading Systems developers. Your main focus will be the development and deployment of different resource provisioning workflows for our clients. This work demands close collaboration with multiple Trading System engineering teams, middleware solutions engineering teams, and other stakeholders.
There is a lot of opportunity to research, innovate and think outside the box to come up with the right workflows to serve our clients with the best user experience. This is a very exciting opportunity because of the visibility and impact due to rapid adoption of middleware technologies in Trading Systems as we are heading into highly scalable and reliable architecture. Project Responsibilities:
Whatâ€™s in it for you:
- Develop and improve the web portal by producing new components and pipelines
- Develop and improve the back-end API server to deliver data efficiently
- Develop analytics system to enhance quality of experience by data driven approach
- Research innovative ways to serve client requirements with real time comparison of available middleware resources
You will need to have:
- Opportunity to innovate and contribute to build and extend middleware provisioning in Trading Systems
- Opportunity to work on High Impact and Challenging problems in building Trading System Resource Provisioning Infrastructure
We would love to see:
- 2+ years of experience building developing client-facing web applications using React, Typescript and CSS
- 2+ years of proven experience building backend web apps using Python, Java
- 2+ years of working experience with database solutions like Postgres, MySQL, etc
- Strong problem solving and design skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
- Experience with Python Django and NodeJS server
- Experience using middleware platforms such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with cloud storage
- Any open source contributions
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.