Senior Software Engineer (1843)
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers seeks a senior software engineer to join our expanding company as a full-time employee. This position provides an exciting opportunity to join a global securities and commodities business leader and top US broker-dealer. Interactive Brokers offers competitive salary and benefits including bonuses and stock incentive plan.
- Design and develop applications and services for IB's real-time, risk-based margin system. That system continuously enforces risk limits for client accounts and automatically and autonomously closes out positions if an account violates its limits. This system has been for decades and continues to be the gold standard in risk control and margin across the financial industry.
- Optimize and refactor existing code for improved reliability and performance.
- Write and maintain design and engineering documentation.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or related degree
- Minimum 4 years of professional programming experience.
- Expert level C++ programming.
- Smart, technically oriented, willing to work hard and learn every day.
- Experience with large-scale software systems.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Experience with Linux, Python, SQL and Perl as well as experience working in a financial institution with securities and commodities products or risk management are a plus but not required.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info