Senior Software Engineer - Ticker Plant Application Integrity
The Ticker Plant Application Integrity Team is responsible for the infrastructure, processes, and reliability of the software that delivers the world's most reliable, timely and accurate financial data. More than 4,500 developers rely on us to provide the core foundation and data required for their applications. Our work environment is fast-paced, spirited, friendly and collaborative. On our team, you will help build software standards, design state-of-the-art large-scale development infrastructure, architect systems and processes for change management, and get insight into the heart of Bloomberg's financial engine.
We're currently in the process of redesigning our build infrastructure and change management system to drastically reduce time to market for Ticker Plant changes. The project will involve analysis of current systems, proposing architectural improvements, and implementation of those changes. This project will likely involve CMake extensions, development of performant caching mechanisms, web-based workflow application development, and generally executing ideas for shrinking the feedback loop developers currently face in our development system. What's in it for you: As a software engineer on the project:
We'll trust you to:
- You will be part of the developer experience "platoon" of the Application Integrity team working closely with our other platoons: code quality, test infrastructure, and modernization
- You will have the opportunity to learn the challenges in design and maintenance of large scale enterprise systems
- You'll develop expertise in a variety of systems which may include Jenkins, CMake, Git, C++, and Python
- You'll be part of a team of seasoned senior developers that strive to write only high quality & maintainable code, heavily sharpen their skills with intense code reviews, and make decisions via. consensus
You'll need to have:
- Complete projects that required significant engineering skills and the ability to work with a team
- Work with engineering teams across Ticker Plant and understand their development requirements and usage patterns
- Be willing to tackle new challenges and learn new technologies quickly
We'd love to see:
- Experience proposing, architecting, developing, and deploying engineering projects through production
- Full-time work experience with C++
- Ability to communicate/interact with internal engineers to learn systems
- A passion for good engineering and code quality
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
- Ability to work with CMake, Jenkins, and Python
- Familiarity with SCons and Perl
- Git experience
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of power users around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply below!
To find out more about Engineering at Bloomberg, check out www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status