Senior Software Engineer - Test Automation Frameworks
The Bloomberg Enterprise Console group designs scalable Big Data solutions that have a deep impact on enterprise level applications for B2B products that are critical to the entire global financial market.
Our engineers are responsible for providing cloud-based infrastructure for our clients, technologists in client firms and Bloomberg's internal service and support desk, with a way to configure, provision, monitor and alert on connectivity and software resources within client data flows provided as part of Bloomberg's Enterprise Integration suite. We provide clients the ability to self-service their configuration and monitoring needs through our web application ( https://console.bloomberg.com ).
Our Enterprise customers are reliant on us for delivering a highly reliable product with the most accurate information. That is where the Enterprise Quality Engineering team comes in. We work with various engineering and product teams within Bloomberg's Enterprise Technology group to help improve the overall quality of the software delivered. Our team is focused on building a workflow-driven testing framework using BDD style testing to help us mimic client workflows and automate them. We also focus on other quality initiatives such as measuring coverage metrics and building tools to power developer productivity.
This role brings together a unique set of software engineering and test automation skills. A successful candidate will architect and code testing frameworks as well as automate test scenarios. This provides a challenging opportunity to bring together a combination of traditional software development as well as software test engineering into one role. Technology Stack:
Cloud - Bloomberg's Managed Cloud (Openstack)
Build tools - Maven, Jenkins
Deployment - Docker
Testing Tools - Cucumber/JBehave, Selenium WebDriver/RC, Serenity BDD, JMeter
Version Control: GitHub Your responsibilities:
You'll need to have:
- Contribute to the workflow automation framework by writing modules that integrate with various other systems. Design and architect testing software to help achieve this
- Automate end-to-end data flows (or workflows) for multiple products in Java using an existing test framework built on Maven and Serenity BDD
- Work with the Product and development team to design test scenarios for data flows spanning multiple products and business lines
- Come up with scalable solutions to problems and do proof of concepts and tech reviews of solutions
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews
- Collaborate with various Bloomberg businesses, product owners and engineering teams to understand requirements and do capacity planning
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
We'd love to see:
- Professional experience as a Software engineer architecting testing framework software as well as automating test scenarios
- Demonstrated experience programming in Java building scalable, re-usable, high performance software
- Robust experience in building automated testing frameworks and tools for quality assurance
- Experience in writing test plans, test cases and test scripts for digital data-based applications
- Strong experience with API testing
- Demonstrated experience automating test scenarios and familiarity with all stages of Software Development life-cycle (SDLC) and software-test life cycle (STLC)
- Experience with CI/CD including Jenkins or other frameworks
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid
- Foundation in computer science fundamentals with particular expertise in data structures, algorithms, and design
- Experience with a variety of automation test tools like JUnit, JBehave, Spock, Cucumber etc.
- DevOps experience
- Familiarity with working in Agile / Scrum teams
At Bloomberg we are very proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.