Senior Software Engineer - TS Trading Infrastructure
Enterprise Trading Platform (ETP) develops next-generation trading systems to support the growing needs of Bloomberg's enterprise OMS clients. ETP is on a mission to provide a scalable cross-asset transaction data platform, delivering greater transparency of trading events and enhanced analytical capability to positions, P&L, and trade life cycles.
The Trading Infrastructure team is responsible for real-time systems that capture more than 4 million trade events daily from our global clients, driving the majority of downstream Bloomberg OMS (Order Management Systems) applications. These systems are the most critical components of our OMS products as other financial data such as positions and P&L are derived from trade events. We are currently re-architecting these systems and infrastructure to ensure our products remain competitive and achieve higher throughput, reliability, and traceability. Our work includes building asynchronous messaging pipelines, designing microservices to apply business logic, and working with other engineering teams to integrate the systems with their applications.
As a member of the team, you will work on designs, implements, and support of our trading infrastructure to host ever-growing and sophisticated financial data. Your key focus will be delivering highly reliable and scalable applications in a fast-paced environment. You will be working in close contact with experienced engineers in the team and across the Bloomberg organization. The team operates in an agile manner where everyone is expected to contribute ideas in an open discussion to achieve the team's time-to-market objectives. Our culture puts an emphasis on applying industry standard practices and tools to bear on the challenges we face, and we embrace open source technologies wherever appropriate. YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
WE'D LOVE TO SEE:
- 4+ years of experience in C/C++, Java, or any other object-oriented programming language
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- A solid understanding of LINUX/UNIX operating systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Python
- A self-starter approach with a strong sense of ownership
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
- Prior experience developing Order or Execution Management Systems
- Experience with open-source middleware like RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
- Experience with Agile development
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.