Senior Software Engineer - Security Detection and Analytics Engineering (Consultant)
The Security Detection and Analytics Engineering (SDAE) team develops and maintains software used by Bloomberg security teams. Our Mission:
With a continuously evolving threat landscape it is highly critical that the software powering our security teams be very agile and react quickly. As an engineering consultant on the team, you will:
- Write and maintain software for our security team stakeholders to aid in all aspects of detection, prevention, response, incident management, and configuration management.
- Migrate existing software to newer technologies and platforms while maintaining functionality and stability
- Integrate with commercial, open source and home-grown technologies and APIs
A qualified candidate would have experience with the following languages, technologies, and processes:
If this sounds like you, please apply!
- At least 3 years of experience with python.
- Be familiar with both python2 and python3
- Be able to write unit, integration and system tests
- Be able to quickly read documentation and integrate libraries and frameworks
- Be able to read and understand undocumented code
- Be able to debug in-house and third party code
- Database, caching technologies and integration libraries: SQLAlchemy, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, redis, etcd
- Messaging: Kafka, MQ, Pub/Sub, SOAP, REST
- CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Travis CI
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.