Senior Software Engineer - Network Management System
At Bloomberg, everything moves at the speed of light, including our employees. Our Internal Applications team builds the solutions that keep our global company running, and we have a tremendous impact on our employees' day-to-day. We are focused on building high-quality and user-friendly systems that help our 20,000 employees around the world do their job in the most efficient manner. What we do:
Bloomberg manages one of the world's largest private data networks to help bring the financial community around the world closer together. This network is how all of our subscribers connect back to our data centers, and serves latency sensitive market data, Terminal services, Electronic Trading Platforms, Enterprise Solutions, news, and video. Our network footprint is constantly growing, and the Networks Applications Team in the Workflow Technologies group is responsible for the tools that help the Network Engineers do their job. We build the tools to help track every piece of our massive network and provide intelligence to help optimize request traffic and provide network load balancing.
As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to oversee projects from ideation to production rollout. All of our engineers work across a full stack and in an agile environment (Scrum). You'll release code changes every week - sometimes even every day. Along the way, you'll collaborate with various engineering and business teams across the company. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Be creative, motivated and able to work in all areas of the tech stack
- Have strong communication skills
- Be a team player and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and humility
- These are our core values
- Have fun while doing great work!
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language (C++, C#, Java)
- Experience with full-stack development (UI, back-end services, and database)
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Experience with Python
- Experience with a relational database (MSSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with microservices architecture and containerization
- Experience with software development on a Linux environment
- Experience working in an Agile SDLC
- Experience with UI design
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.