Senior Software Engineer - Market Data Distribution
The Ticker Plant is the beating heart of our market data infrastructure that pumps more than 100 billion discrete events to downstream applications and users every single day. Ticker Plant's mission is to aggregate, enrich and disseminate real time market data ranging from niche hand-priced venues to the trading centres of the global financial system. We make all this accessible with the stroke of a key via the user-facing Bloomberg Terminal as well as programmatically through our range of Enterprise solutions that form the backbone of today's financial institutions. Our team:
If Ticker Plant is the heart of market data infrastructure, Market Data Distribution (MDD) is its circulatory system. Within Ticker Plant, the MDD team is responsible for the coordinated movement of the ticks that describe those 100 billion+ discrete events. Whether for inbound or outbound data, our challenges are largely the same: to provide a platform that can ingest and redistribute data reliably (without loss), resiliently (fault-tolerant), at scale (hundreds of hosts, billions of ticks), globally and regionally, and all in real-time with minimal latency.
Our group is building a new distribution platform to serve the rapidly growing needs of the market data system. We're creating a generalized solution for our existing disparate market data distribution systems, with a focus on increasing flexibility, operability and reliability. We've laid much of the groundwork necessary for this, and are now ramping up to start replacing parts of our production system while continuing to build out the new infrastructure. This is an ambitious multi-year rearchitecture of an extremely critical system and we are still in the early phases of the project. As a Software Engineer in Ticker Plant, you will:
You'll need to have:
- Be at the heart of a major system rearchitecture
- Practice rigorous software development following the BDE C++ Coding Standards, with extensive automated testing at the unit, integration and system levels
- Bridge the features of the systems we are updating with the functionality of the future
- Explore and adopt the latest best practices for continuous integration and delivery
- Strong collaboration skills
- Desire to make a big impact
- Desire to work on complex problems of high throughput distributed systems
- The ability to primarily work in C++, with a small amount of Python, all in a Linux environment
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.