Senior Software Engineer - Market Data Capacity and Latency
The Market Data Capacity and Latency (MDCL) team is in charge of monitoring and analyzing latency of the market data pipeline at Bloomberg. We are building a robust monitoring platform, to identify and report end-end latency for real-time enterprise market data products.
Our systems collect, store, and analyze billions of data points every day. They are used to generate analytics for historical latency analysis and ad-hoc troubleshooting of incidents.
We also proactively alert and respond to latency events globally, coordinating with component development and SRE teams to fix and prevent future issues. Our work is critical in making Bloomberg more competitive in the real time market data Enterprise space, and we push every component team to perform better and more reliably in order to improve latency across the entire market data pipeline.
Our services are written primarily in Python, using BAS, Flask, and Celery. There's also some C++ thrown into the mix for good measure. If you're interested in these technologies and excited to join a fast-paced team working on complex technical challenges then we'd love to hear from you! We'll Trust You to:
You'll Need to Have:
- Design, build, and deploy resilient and scalable services and applications
- Contribute to and support our high standards for code quality, reliability, testing, and automation
- Collaborate with other engineers within our team and across Bloomberg to continuously improve and expand our systems
We'd Love to See:
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a software engineer
- Experience working in one of Python/C++
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Desire to be a part of a strong and inclusive team culture
- Experience with Celery or other distributed job queues
- Knowledge of Bloomberg's market data systems
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.