Senior Software Engineer - Market Analysis
Who We Are:
Market Analysis builds full-stack applications to analyze market trends, compare and contrast companies, evaluate analyst predictions, and refine investment ideas. For example, our clients can see Wall Street analysts' company performance predictions, build an investment model from thousands of pertinent characteristics, and determine its quality based on historical benchmarks.
Our platform delivers real-time critical insights based on our clients' current holdings by using data cube technologies on top of vast global datasets that we've accrued over 30+ years. You'll gain a deep understanding of data modeling and processing, high-performance backend systems architecture, and visual design.
The Language and Meta Interfaces team is the focal point of operations that serves as the control center between all Market Analysis teams. We build various internal languages used across our platform, as well as interface with external parties - such as the Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) team - so that requests can be translated to/from different systems as needed. We also architect an encompassing metadata system that is responsible for determining how an incoming request can be parsed and understood by our multitude of datasets. Towards that end, we are also in charge of the underlying datasets and the data access layers as well, so that we can build a centralized system that enables users to efficiently access a plethora of mission-critical information with ease. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- 2-3 years of experience with object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and all phases of software development. This experience can be in any object-oriented language but candidates will be working with C++
- Functional understanding of distributed systems architecture
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Experience in delivering high performance production quality systems to clients
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Strong collaboration skills
- Financial domain knowledge and experience
- 2+ years of experience programming in C++
If this sounds like you, please don't hesitate to apply! We'll get in touch if we believe you're a good match and get started with a technical phone interview.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.