Senior Software Engineer - Equity
For over 30 years, our clients have relied on our core product, the Bloomberg Terminal, to access the data and analytics they need to make informed investment decisions. We absorb billions of data points from hundreds of financial markets every single day. Our developers build applications that fuel the markets by providing intelligent analytics and transparency to level the playing field. We share a passion for solving today's problems by innovating for tomorrow. Our engineers write high performance, low latency and scalable code using proprietary and open source technologies to develop large-scale systems.
We build applications to analyze market trends, compare and contrast companies, evaluate analyst predictions and refine investment ideas. For example, a client can see what Wall Street analysts believe the performance of a company will be, build an investment model from thousands of characteristics and then analyze the model's performance historically. Our platform delivers real-time critical insights and alerts based on our clients' current holdings. We use big data technologies on top of vast global data sets that span over 30 years. You'll gain a deep understanding of data modeling and processing, how to architect high-performance backend systems, and visual design. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and all phases of software development. This experience can be in any object-oriented language but candidates will be working with C++
- Functional understanding of distributed systems architecture
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Experience in delivering high performance production quality systems to clients
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Financial domain knowledge and experience
- 2+ years of experience programming in C++
If this sounds like you, apply! We'll get in touch if we believe you're a good match and get started with a technical phone interview.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.