Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Trading Platform
Enterprise Trading Platform (ETP) develops next-generation trading systems to support the growing needs of Bloomberg's enterprise OMS clients. ETP is on a mission to provide a scalable cross-asset transaction data platform, delivering greater transparency of trading events and enhanced analytical capability to positions, P&L, and trade life cycles. Currently there are two areas of focus in our department, Trading Solutions Real Time Feeds and Trading Infrastructure.
In the Trading Solutions Real Time Feeds team, we work closely with Bloomberg's order and execution management systems (AIM, TOMS, TSOX, etc.) to facilitate our clients' online trading activity, from ordering, through execution, to reporting. We are currently developing the next generation of these systems, deprecating older technology and implementing a robust infrastructure with a focus on throughput and reliability - attributes critical to our clients' needs.
The Trading Infrastructure team is responsible for real-time systems that capture more than 4 million trade events daily from our global clients, driving the majority of downstream Bloomberg OMS (Order Management Systems) applications. These systems are the most critical components of our OMS products as other financial data such as positions and P&L are derived from trade events. We are currently building a next generation trading infrastructure to achieve higher throughput
We are a friendly team of engineers with diverse backgrounds. As a team, we prioritize building for the future of our product and work collaboratively to design architectures and new features. You'll have the opportunity to work with various teams across Bloomberg and contribute to the team as it continues to grow and evolve You'll need to have:
We'd Love to See:
- 4+ years of experience in C/C++, Java, or any other object-oriented programming language
- Experience with Linux or UNIX operating systems
- Strong technical skills in problem solving, data structures, algorithms, and OOP
- Experience building scalable systems with focus on code quality, system telemetry and testing
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A self-starter approach with a strong sense of ownership
- Prior experience developing Order or Execution Management Systems
- Experience with open-source middleware like RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
- Experience with Agile development
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.