Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Data License Software Infrastructure
The world's largest financial institutions require vast amounts of data to help their clients manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyze the markets. Bloomberg Enterprise Data provides these institutions a platform to make hundreds of thousands of requests for data spanning the full range of the financial industry each day. Supporting this translates to billions of data points that flow through our system daily, including Equities, Commodities, Bonds, Pricing, Corporate Actions, Regulatory and Reference Data. To meet the demand, the Data License department is responsible for gathering, transforming, and delivering all the data our clients request through a distributed workflow platform, microservices, and web integrations. We are looking for software engineers to join us.
As Backend and Full-Stack Software Engineers, we design and implement the infrastructure which runs millions of distributed workflows that are used across Data License to gather, transform, and deliver data to Enterprise clients for billions of financial data points daily. This infrastructure is built using Python, Celery, Rabbitmq, Kafka, Comdb2, cloud storage via Ceph developed with cloud native architecture approach and the twelve-factor app methodology.
This role will be a good fit if you're interested in queueing systems, designing distributed workflow execution and monitoring frameworks, building robust microservices, identifying capacity bottlenecks and optimizing performance, and scaling distributed architectures to handle massive data pipelines. You'll need to have
We'd love to see
- 5+ years of experience in software development writing object-oriented code in a high level programming language, designing large-scale applications, and writing high-quality tests
- Experience in Python
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects that required significant problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies and adapt quickly
- Experience with building, monitoring, and deploying robust, fault-tolerant applications
- Experience working with low-latency, high-volume, and highly-available distributed systems
- Developing software in a Linux environment
- Experience with application monitoring tools or services
- Experience in an agile or iterative software development process
- Contributions to Open Source projects
- BA, BS, MS, PHD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of power users around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply!