Senior Software Engineer - Customer Analytics Services
When joining this team, members will have the flexibility to choose to work from New York City or Princeton
Interested in learning about the data that powers Bloomberg's decisions about how products are being used, or how they can be enhanced? Does the prospect of developing analytics, APIs and applications that will help shape our firm's future direction excite you? Want to work with Big-Data technologies? We would be glad to have you onboard the Customer Analytics Services team! Our mission is to ingest usage data across the various product offerings Bloomberg has to offer; and then expose analytics based off this data. This data is then used to power decision making across various tiers of the organization including product development, sales and marketing. What's in it for you?
You'll have the opportunity to work with datasets having billions of data-points per day. Through frequent interactions with our product team, you will be expected to understand our user requirements, and translate those into application requirements to be built by our team. Our team is constantly looking for the next big thing in Big-Data technology that can help improve our analytics pipeline, improve developer productivity, and make our offerings as user-friendly as possible. You will be expected to help the team make these strategic decisions, while also being a hands-on developer designing APIs and applications to satisfy our stakeholder needs. Another unique challenge that you will tackle in this team is distilling this tremendous amount of unstructured/semi-structured usage data into information that can be presented within the Bloomberg terminal. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Build terminal applications that expose aggregated data to users
- Build APIs/pipelines that will allow other teams to consume usage data
- Participate in the full SDLC of our team, following Agile methodology
- Understand Big-Data technologies, and look for ways to constantly evolve our team to become more efficient.
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of experience engineering full-stack applications (UI, back-end services, and database)
- Good understanding of data structures, object oriented design and applications programming
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Experience with UI design
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark)
- Knowledge of RDBMS, MPP systems
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.