Senior Software Engineer - Connectivity Registry
The mainstay of FinTech is delivering data to where it matters and when it matters, while ensuring seamless integration and processing at its destination. Our group, Bloomberg Connectivity and Integration (BCI), is responsible for connecting over thousands of enterprise clients to Bloomberg financial systems, moving terabytes of financial data in a snap. We solve these exciting problems by building scalable, distributed systems and infrastructure that provide low latency with highly multifaceted and flexible integration points.
At the heart of all these interconnected systems lies the Connectivity Registry. This serves as the command center for all data coming in and out of Bloomberg. Our team builds tools and applications for connectivity provisioning, security and credential management and policy enforcement. We get to work on exciting and challenging problems, like how to secure thousands of entry points across different connectivity protocols. As engineers, we're empowered to use the right tools for the job, and demonstrate new emerging technologies where we see fit. We're looking for engineers who share the same passion as we do - naturally curious on how things work, keen to learn and tackle problems, and excited to deliver effective and efficient solutions. We will show you how to build elastic and fault-tolerant connectivity services that can handle high efficiency under heavy volume, and run through our self-service tools over our large-scale distributed systems. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Strong sense of ownership, able to drive and take projects across the finish line
- Experience in server-side software development using Object Oriented - Languages like Java, Python or Golang
- Interest to work on web applications
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage system
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Curiosity about building a strong team culture centered on self-organization
- Familiarity with open source technologies like Angular, React, Postgres, Docker, Redis
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to sophisticated problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of users around the world. If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.