Senior Software Engineer - Client Technologies
At Bloomberg, everything moves at the speed of light, including our employees. The Internal Applications team builds solutions that keep our global company running - and we have a tremendous impact on our employees' day-to-day lives. We are focused on building high quality and user friendly systems that help our 20,000 employees around the world do their job in the most efficient manner.
The Client Technologies team builds both the workflow software used by our in-house technical support staff as well as client-facing self-service tools as part of their login and terminal subscription experience. If you've ever logged into the Bloomberg Terminal with your phone or have had to get a biometric override then you've used a part of our software. We take advantage of a vast data set to allow the technical support team to quickly identify & solve whatever issues our clients face.
You'll have the opportunity to oversee projects from ideation to production roll out. All of our engineers work across the full stack in an agile environment (Scrum). You'll release code changes every week sometimes even every day. Along the way, you'll collaborate with various engineering and business teams across the company.
We are actively embarking on a refresh of our tools to modernize our customer's experience. You'll be joining at an exciting time where you will not only manage technical and people growth, but also be in charge of crafting and driving the product design and vision. Imagining re-inventing how a client purchases and installs a Bloomberg Terminal - one of our client's first impression of our product! We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Be creative, motivated and able to work in all areas of the tech stack
- Have strong communication skills
- Be a team player and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and humility
- these are our core values
- Have fun while doing great work!
We'll love to see:
- 3+ years of professional experience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language
- Experience with full-stack development (UI, back-end services, and database)
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
Experience with Python
Experience with a relational database (MSSQL, MySQL, etc.)
Experience with microservices architecture and containerization
Experience with software development on a Linux environment
Experience working in an Agile SDLC
Experience with UI design
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.