Senior Software Engineer - Bloomberg Query Language, Developer Experience
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. Enabling clients to access Bloomberg's data and perform custom analytics, the Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) and Analytics platform is at the forefront of innovation for our business.
Our team is responsible for developing a low-latency analytics platform and screening engine. We are also working to define and build a domain-specific query language (BQL). This language allows users to express complex analytics and quantitative models for execution on the platform.
As a member of the continuous integration and developer experience team, you will ensure our codebase remains stable and help increase the efficiency and development of new features. You will automate code and project management to reduce duplication of efforts and minimize time between implementation and deployment. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Design and develop CI tooling based around Jenkins, Maven, Docker, and Github
- Influence and contribute to the design of firm wide CI/CD systems
- Collaborate with a team of highly motivated software engineers to drive an innovative culture
- Think critically about the "bigger picture", take calculated risks and come up with creative solutions
We'd love to see:
- Advanced Python coding skills with a focus on scripting and extensible frameworks
- 5+ years of experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment, as well as IOC frameworks like Spring
- Experience integrating Jenkins with existing in-house workflows
- Experience with Persistence Frameworks, AVRO/JSON and RESTful services
- Experience with scalable build and deployment systems (ability to build scalable systems for large computes on big data)
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
- Experience with Docker, Artifactory, and JIRA
- Experience working in a test-driven development and agile environment
- Experience developing tools for increased operational scale
- Experience with integrating Jenkins with existing in-house workflows
If this sounds like you, please apply! We'll be in touch if we think you're a match.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.