Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Media Connect
The Bloomberg Terminal gives clients immediate membership to a community upwards of 300,000 of the world's most influential decision makers. We connect individuals with this robust network spanning finance, business and government-for a distinct advantage when generating ideas, conducting research and finding trading partners. The Bloomberg community represents a world of potential colleagues, collaborators and customers from across the globe.
The Media Connect team is responsible for providing real-time communication solutions for the Bloomberg Professional Service. We specialize in developing applications for voice and video collaboration and host them on varied cloud providers. We are a team of diverse and self-motivated engineers with expertise in different parts of our stack, built to the latest industry standards with open source technologies. We are currently seeking a motivated site reliability engineer who can help on improving various Bloomberg Media Connect products' reliability, stability, and scaling with interest in fault-tolerant distributed system design. What's in it for you:
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Bloomberg Media Connect, your mission is to improve the platform's reliability, scalability, and performance on cloud-based infrastructure. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside engineers with the same goals in mind, and be exposed to many open-source solutions / tools. Our team also plans to upgrade our platform continually to use the latest version of open-source technologies and adopt new ones as needed, so it is a rewarding experience you can explore with us. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Manage the Infrastructure as code work flows
- Be part of team and design apps for reliability
- Ensure observability of the infrastructure and apps
- Troubleshoot issues when they arise
- Propose solutions for reducing complexity
- Own the production infrastructure
We would love to see:
- 2+ Experience designing and deploying scalable distributed applications
- 2+ years experience with Terraform or similar and CM tools like Chef/Ansible/etc
- Proficient in more than one language have used OO concepts, and written code that is reusable. Prefer Python / Go / Ruby and Bash
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks
- Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience working as SRE engineer with infrastructure as code (immutable infrastructure) approach
- Experience working with cloud deployments: AWS / Azure / Openstack
- Capacity planning for cloud deployments
- Open source experience is a plus (a well curated blog, upstream accepted contribution or community presence)
- Experience with networking is a plus (e.g. packet analysis, routing protocols).
- Experience with media streaming / video conferencing
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.