Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Compute Automation
A System Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Bloomberg is a software engineer who specializes in solving infrastructure and operations problems with software engineering solutions. They are trusted to improve the stability and availability of production environments through automation, telemetry, and product features. They are responsible for building systems that perform monitoring, orchestration, capacity management, deployment, incident management, and SDLC practices.
The Compute Automation team creates systems that manage the physical life-cycle of hardware in Bloomberg's data centers. Starting at the first steps of the automated build process, and continuing through to the last steps of the decommissioning process, these systems are at the heart of building and maintaining a healthy data center environment. As a Compute Automation SRE you will solve challenging technology problems by building architecturally sound, high-quality platforms that enable Bloomberg to exceed critical business objectives. What's in it for you?
You'll work with modern open-source tooling while maintaining mission-critical systems hosting a wide array of applications. We'll depend on you to advise and execute on the design, architecture, and scaling of Compute Automation's solutions for a wide range of internal customers and platforms. You'll play a critical role in improving existing products to ensure the quality, stability, and scalability of Bloomberg's data center infrastructure. You'll Need to Have:
We'd Love to See:
- Demonstrated experience programming and testing Python, Go, or C/C++
- Experience working in a 24/7 production engineering organization
- Ability to listen, communicate, evaluate, problem solve, multi-task, and prioritize in a high-pressure, mission-critical, and rewarding team environment.
- Good documentation skills
- Experience troubleshooting large distributed systems
- Experience with creating and improving documented procedures and/or playbooks
- Familiarity with open source configuration, orchestration, and CI/CD tools
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and Unix networking
- Knowledge of Linux or Windows internals
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.